Energize, alongside a host of national and regional partners, work to ensure young people have a safe environment to take part in sport and physical activity.

We're here to provide a local expert for safeguarding and child protection advice to sports and physical activity organisations.


Energize STW Safeguarding Children and Young people policy

This policy appendix includes:

  • Advice on photography and use of images
  • Energize safeguarding incident reporting form
  • Types of abuse and neglect
  • Useful contacts
  • Energize Volunteer Academy (Safeguarding considerations)


The following agencies are available to provide Safeguarding advice guidance and support:

Child Protection in Sport Unit (CPSU)

The CPSU is a partnership between the NSPCC, and Sport England, and has a wealth of experience in developing safe sports environments. Its resource library provides templates, best practice examples and templates for you to use to ensure you are helping young people to take part in activity in a safe environment. 

National Governing bodies of sport (NGB’s)

NGB’s provide sport and activity specific safeguarding support. A list of all recognised NGB’s can be found here: Sport England list of NGBs

Safeguarding Partnerships (formerly Local Safeguarding Children Boards)

Local Safeguarding Partnerships have been set up and co-ordinate the local provision for child protection in each respective county.

Refer a concern

If you have a safeguarding concern about a local sports organisation or activity please contact us via [email protected] or telephone us on 01743 297191.

If you are affiliated to a national governing of sport body you can refer concerns direct to your NGB safeguarding lead.

If you believe a child is in immediate danger, call the emergency services on 999

Further advice

Below is a list of useful resources, agencies and other sources of advice and guidance:


Click here if you have a concern about a young person in Telford.


Click here if you have a concern about a young person in Shropshire.



Report abuse helpline - 0808 800 5000

Online report form